Aaron Resnick, a graduate of Leadership Miami, is a leader in the Miami’s legal and cultural arts scene. Professionally, Mr. Resnick is an attorney, who honed his craft at one of Florida’s oldest and most prestigious firms, Gunster Yoakley, before starting his own boutique law firm in 2005 with offices now in Miami, Boca Raton, and New York City (as well as satellite offices in Gainesville and Jacksonville). Mr. Resnick received his Bachelors of Arts in Political Science with honors from Emory University and a Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Florida. Mr. Resnick is admitted to all of the state and federal courts in Florida and the United States Supreme Court.
In 2016, Acquisition International Magazine announced that Mr. Resnick was a winner of the 2016 Business Excellence Awards and named the “Best Business Litigation Attorney” for Florida. In 2016, Mr. Resnick was also recognized by Florida Trend magazine as one of its 2016 Florida Legal Elite™ and Super Lawyers Magazine named Mr. Resnick one a Super Lawyer having previously been recognized by it as one of its Florida Rising Stars. He was also named as one of the American Registry’s “America’s Most Honored Professionals” and was selected as Corporate America’s 2016 Legal Elite. Corporate America also named the Law Offices of Aaron Resnick, P.A. as the “Best Sports & Entertainment Law Firm – Florida” and Mr. Resnick was included in Who’s Who Legal: Sports & Entertainment.
Mr. Resnick is on the board of directors for the Miami Beach Bar Association, and is a member of the Dade County Bar Association where he serves on a number of committees as well as the American Bar Association. He is also on the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce’s Law Council. He was elected three times to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Dade County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and has served as a committee chair for the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, an organization which recognized him as the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division’s Star of the Quarter. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and South Florida Business Journal have both previously recognized him as one of the Top 40 under 40 professionals in South Florida.
Mr. Resnick was awarded the “Shining Star” Award by the Arts & Business Council of Miami, Inc. This award each year honors the top Miami business professional supporting the arts and cultural community. Mr. Resnick co-founded the Little Lighthouse Foundation, www.littlelighthouse.org, which is a South Florida based charity that seeks, identifies and provides support to children and their families with health, educational, and financial challenges, and serves on its board of directors. Mr. Resnick was the founding chairperson of the Friends of the New World Symphony, and now serves permanently on its Executive Committee. He also sat on the Board of Directors for the Miami Design Preservation League for over 10 years. He has served on the executive committee for numerous young patron groups in South Florida including, but not limited to: Best Buddies of South Florida, Big Brothers Big Sister’s Impact Circle, Art Crowd of the Bass Museum, the Green Room Society for the Center for Performing Arts, the Tropees of the Historical Museum of Southern Florida, the Jewish Legal Society of Miami, and the MOCA Shakers amongst others. He was a Regional Board Member of the Maccabi World Union and a member of the Ben Gurion Society of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
Currently, he is a member of the Silver Director’s Circle for the Bass Museum, the Maestro’s Circle for the Friends of the New World Symphony, and a Supporting Member of the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, and a founding member and Patron of the Perez Art Museum.
Mr. Resnick’s law practice concentrates on business and commercial matters, focusing on litigation, real estate and real estate litigation. His current practice also includes the personal representation of a number of current and former professional athletes in the National Football League, the National Basketball League and Major League Baseball, as well as members of the arts, fashion and entertainment world.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Real Estate and Real Estate Litigation
- Sports and Entertainment Law
Honors & Awards
- AI Awards – 2016 Best Business Litigation Attorney – Florida
- Super Lawyers Magazine – 2016 Florida Super Lawyer
- Florida Trend Magazine – 2016 Florida Legal Elite
- Sports & Entertainment Who’s Who Legal
- Corporate America – 2016 Legal Elite
- Corporate America – 2016 Best Sports & Entertainment Firm – Florida
- Corporate America – 2015 Legal Elite
- Corporate America – 2015 Most Entrepreneurial Attorneys – Florida
- Super Lawyer Super Lawyers Magazine 2015
- Super Lawyer Super Lawyers Magazine 2014
- South Florida Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award Winner
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Attorneys
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Business Professionals
- Film, Recording and Entertainment Council – FREC Entertainment Law Award
- “Shining Star” Award by the Arts & Business Council of Miami, Inc.
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division “Star of the Quarter”
- Super Lawyers Magazine Florida Rising Stars
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Florida Bar – Member Business Law Committee and Sports & Entertainment Law Committee
- Miami Beach Bar Association – Member of Board of Directors
- American Bar Association – Member Business Law Committee
- Dade County Bar Association
- Pillar Member of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Law Council of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce The Inter-American Chapter
- Member of the India-US Chamber of Commerce South Florida
- Member of the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce Florida Chapter
- Member of the Florida China Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast
- Member of the Panamanian American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Columbian American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Canadian American Chamber of Commerce of South Florida
- Past Member of the banking committee for the Asian American Hotel Owner’s Association
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1995-1997
Universite de Montpellier, Montpellier, France, 1997
with High Honors.
B.A., Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, 1990-1994